If the department member shows any of the unfit for work symptoms they are unable to work and the employee can return to work according to the following CDC guidelines:
COVID-19 Symptoms, but no COVID-19 test
3 days (72 hours) since recovery, which is defined as:
- Resolution of fever without fever-reducing medication and
- Improved respiratory symptoms (cough and shortness of breath) and
- At least 7 days have passed since the first onset of symptoms.
COVID-19 Positive and HAVE symptoms:
- Resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and
- Improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g., cough, shortless of breath) and
- Negative results of an FDA Emergency Use Authorized molecular assay for COVID-19 from at least two consecutive nasopharyngeal swab specimens collected more than 24 hours apart.
COVID-19 Positive Test, but have shown NO symptoms
- It has been at least 7 days since the positive test and
- With no other subsequent illness.